This year, we’re committed to doing our part to help make our Camp-Resort more eco-friendly! From reducing use of plastic items to planting additional trees, we are excited to execute more green living initiatives in 2020. Keep reading below for a complete list of the changes to come at Jellystone Park™ Hill Country.
1. No more plastic check-in bags. After using up our leftover inventory, upon check-in, guests will no longer receive a plastic bag full of information about their stay. Instead, all informational materials will be provided in paper bags which can be recycled. Plus, did you know that we have reusable bags for sale in the Ranger Station?
2. Reducing paper waste with campersAPP. Instead of printing thousands of activities schedules, we’re moving all of our events to an easy to use app called campersAPP. By downloading the app, guests can check their schedules anytime from their device, get text reminders about upcoming events, and more!
3. Water Bottle Filling Stations/Drinking Fountains will be available for guest use – now it will be easy for guests to refill their reusable water bottles while camping with us. Save money and help out the environment with one simple switch.
4. No more styrofoam cups. Order your next drink from The Pic-a-Nic Basket and it will now come in a paper cup instead of styrofoam. In the future, we plan on continuing to look for ways that we can increase the use of more sustainable alternatives throughout our Camp-Resort.
5. Including additional friendly reminders in our cabin rentals to help remind our guests to turn off lights, appliances, and fans when not in use. We appreciate your help in reducing unnecessary energy usage and in turn, making our Camp-Resort more green!
6. Removal of paper towels from our cabin rentals will help our Camp-Resort be kinder to the environment by reducing paper waste. In place of paper towels, all cabins rentals will include a dishcloth, hand towel, and a sponge.
7. Planting more trees and plants throughout the Camp-Resort is one of our goals for 2020. Not only are trees awesome providers of extra shade during the hot summer months, but they also have a positive impact on the environment. Trees help improve air quality, reduce erosion and pollution of our waterways, and provide shelter for numerous wildlife species.
8. Please, no littering. We hope that our guests are taking the appropriate steps to properly take care of their trash, but having a friendly reminder doesn’t hurt – so we will be adding “no littering” signs throughout the Camp-Resort. In addition, we encourage our campers to use the provided trash cans and dumpsters throughout their stay.
We believe in doing our part to help take better care of our planet, and initiating a few simple changes is a great place to start! If you’re looking to take steps to become more green at your home, start simple and work your way up from there – together we can make a difference!